Covance Sample Coordintor - Food Solutions in Harrogate, United Kingdom
COVANCE Food Solutions business
Covance Food Solutions (CFS) is one of Covance’s oldest business units. For more than 80 years we have been helping companies in the food, dietary supplement, infant formula, restaurant, animal health and pet food industries.
CFS has more than 500 full-time employees and has sites in the United States, Singapore and the UK. This position is for our food nutritional and contaminant facility in Harrogate, UK .
Covance prides itself on delivery of accurate data backed by our scientific expertise in the food, dietary supplement and biotechnology industries. We service the food, adult nutrition (including dietary supplements/vitamins), and child nutrition market place providing high quality results for clients across Europe and around the world.
We are recruiting for our Nutritional Chemistry team in Harrogate, and are currently seeking to hire an Sample Coordinator to help support the team with the routine analysis of nutritional products in accordance with regulatory guidelines. This is a permanent, full time position, based in our Harrogate laboratory.
About the Job
• Learn sample accession tasks including: opening, entering, tracking, labelling, and disposition of samples.
• Position will be introduced to food, dietary supplements and micro samples for entry.
• Learn to Coordinate with Client Service Coordinators to establish or update customer service procedures, with guidance, as appropriate.
• Learn to communicate discrepancies to appropriate personnel and assist with problem solving.
• Learns to handle internal customer inquiries, solve problems with assistance, and contact internal clients for clarification as needed.
• Learn LabWare Laboratory Information System (NIMS) and how to use in daily duties.
• Assists group with analysis of CAIRs and CAPAs as assigned.
• Other supporting duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position you will need to hold A minimum of an 5 GCSE (to include maths and english). Additionally, you will need to demonstrate:
• Working knowledge of computers.
• Customer service skills including attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality and communication skills (is preferred).
• Ability to identify and communicate client’s service needs.
The opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team.
Covance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover, life assurance and a contributory pension scheme
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
There is no better time to join us!
Education / Qualifications
Job Number 2018-21198
Job Category Other
Position Type Full-Time
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.