Covance Sr. Business Development Dir. in Princeton, New Jersey
Senior Business Development Director - Covance Market Access (CMA) and Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR) Consulting Services in the Midwest Territory.
Ideal candidates have expertise in Drug Development, Commercialization, Health Economics, Economic Modeling, Value Communications and Patient Reported Outcomes looking for safety and economic endpoints. Your primary function will be to develop and expand relationships within Emerging Biotech and Pharmaceutical.
• Network and cold call to develop new business and achieve annual sales plan and sales targets.
• Establishes and grows client relationships.
• Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
• Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
• Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
• Sells the business unit’s capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
• Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
• Sets and manages customer expectations.
• Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
• Organizes and hosts client visits.
• Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
• Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
• Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
• Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
• Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
• Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
• Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
• Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
• Leads client presentations.
• Supports transactional clients.
- Bachelor’s degree, life science or business field preferred
5 plus years sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section including direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
Functional understanding of drug development and experience in commercialization
Job Number 2018-21773
Job Category Business Development/Sales
Position Type Full-Time
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.